Wednesday, 5 August 2009

OXO Cube

I heard about oxo plans a few weeks ago, but thought it was a prank just to get more interest into the brand and so more customers but apparently its all true. Oxo are changing the shape of there cubes to an 'x' shape, they say so that they are easier to crumble, but I dont think this is true, I believe they are doing it purely for publicity and to increase the creativity of there advertising and promotional strategy, as I have never had a problem crumbling an oxo cube. Yes having it in an 'x' shape I can see how it would be easier to crumble but they are changing the shape of an old iconic product of england, they cant be doing this purely on easier crumbling as its a lot of time and money on there part. I believe they have done it to increase there customer base and think of all the publicity they could have, they could sponsor the 'x' factor next series, they could promote them selves as the 'x' factor in cooking, and its an excuse to advertise themselves more and a sort of rebranding of the product. However I my self will be a little sad to see the cube disappear and for this 'x' to replace it in october.

No comments:

Post a Comment