In the guardians g2 on Thursday this week I read an article about a 30 year old man who had written, filmed and produced a film about zombies called ‘Colin’ for only £45, and it had been received really well at Cannes and we now going to be released in nationwide cinemas in October as well as being released on DVD afterwards. An amazing achievement for a man who works in a call centre. This is the online version of the article - http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/jul/30/marc-price-zombie-film-colin.
He filmed this film on an old camcorder and edited it on a simple laptop, leaning most editorial and film creating skills from extras on DVD’s. It just shows how developed today general technology, which we can all afford is, and how simple and easy it is for any enthusiastic filmmaker to make films cheaply. But this does bring around the question of why is it that Hollywood films cost so much. I have not seen this film so I can’t personally comment on the quality and realistness of the film, to compare it to the extremely more expensive zombie films, but if it is being released nationwide it cant be to bad. I think out of curiosity I will be going to watch it when it is out. How ever it looks realistic or not its an amazing feet for this one man to have done, to have gone from a bit of fun, to the Wales film festival, to Cannes and finally to nationwide cinemas.
No comments:
Post a Comment