Thursday, 8 October 2009

Kenco coffee advert



I saw this advert a few weeks ago and it made me laugh and it still does now, but know I also think its a very interesting advert and a brilliant way for the company to put there sustainability objectives across to the public. I personally love nescafe and have alway drunk it and thought that kenco was horrible but recently I have been buying kenco basically because of this advert as it informed me of there sustainability objectives and the care they take in all they do. Nescafe's recent advert is just a bit pointless, compared to Kenco's,  catching the light of coffee in each jar, its not telling me about anything other than the fact they take from the environment to give us, and they dont seem to put back.

Kencos advert is informative while comical, however its say that it has 97% less packaging which I kind of didn't believe, how can that actually be possible it is still packaged, reading articles online about this new campaign I found out that it is actually 97%  less packaging weight, its very cleaver that they have missed out this one word. Even though I feel like I have been kind of lied to because of them missing out this one word, I am still now in full support of kenco and shall forever be drinking it because of there commitment to source there coffee from an entire range of rainforest certified farms by 2010. 

This advert is one in many in there above-the-line advertising campaign to promote its sustainably pledge, as well as the ad they are doing in-store, outdoor and digital promotions as well as competitions to win eco friendly holidays. This is one company after my own heart.

2 comments:

  1. After seeing this on your blog i looked it up and it is a really amusing and innovative advert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice,

    I'm a representative for Kenco UK. We are holding some workshops in early January in London about making Kenco a sustainable brand and we wondered if you were interested in taking part?

    Please email me at edbrech@yahoo.co.uk and let me know.

    Many thanks,

    Ed Brech

    ReplyDelete