Book 2 – Twenty Years, Two People, One Day by David Nicholls
This book is traditional in layout compared to The Tenth Circle, there this is no hidden quotes and no artist input and it is very different in story telling and story. It is kind of a romance but more just about human life the way we change over the years, the way peoples dreams don’t always work out the way they hoped and the way people paths change and interchange over there life’s. It’s a very real to life book, realistic, raw and highly descriptive, both of places, people and happening. The author has either done a lot in his life, researched immensely or done a very good job a winging it. The book is about 2 young people Emma and Dexter, who meet on there last day of university with high hopes for the future dreams and ambitions and then every chapter after that is exactly a year on in there life, ie the title twenty years, two people. You feel like you know them so well as characters by the middle of the book as you have read about them grow as people and change. Its goes though all the stages of their lifes, from the getting a new house, new job, partners, to their thirties were every is getting married and having kids and what happens afterwards, devoice or happiness, I don’t want to spoil the book but it’s a very sad ending and the best thing about it its so unexpected and shocking. The book was so descriptive and I got so in to it and I felt like I know the two characters that I feel it could work so well as a film, but I also worry when books are made into films, that Hollywood just destroys the story and charters so I hope this book never turns into a film because of this and the love I found myself having for the characters.
No comments:
Post a Comment