
Cadburys new advert can be seen here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ktLtvinZBs - its a long version of the ad which is shown on tv.
Cadbury has finally gone fair trade, which personally I am very happy about as I try to support all fair trade products, and I love my dairy milk so having the two finally joined is a good thing. The advert publicizing this fact is a good one, as its vibrate and shows where there beans are from, ghana and it also shows local artist work in the ad as well as famous Ghana singers, However if i didn't watch ad for the first time with a friend who had just come back from 6 months in Ghana I would not have known this, although on the Cadbury fair trade website it informs us of all the Ghanaian people involved in the making of the ad. I am very impressed with cadburys for the import they have got from the locals in ghana for the advert, it shows true fair tradeness and is an excellent way to publicize there new certificate.
For the Ghanaian press ads they even used a local artist for the work which is an excellent idea, rather then getting a western artist to try and represent the areas art. It helps to show a commitment from cadburys to keep the Ghanians involved in there work. This local artist was called jasper and he was born in to a family of coca farmers so it was very fitting for him to paint the moral for Cadburys in there ad, and it is also a real life moral in the town of Kof. For cadbury he bought the cocoa beans to life, showing them celebrate the new fair trade of cadburys, with arms, legs and smiles, as shown above, and cadburys carried these beans on throughout the advert as real characters expressing joy and celebrating with the local Ghanaians.
No comments:
Post a Comment