Michael Morre, the director who brought us Fahrenheit 9\11 is back with his new film about the credit crunch and how it all happened and trying to get answers and money back from the US government and banks. In the film he apparently try's to make a citercens arrest of a bank executive and takes empty bank money bags to banks requesting the $10 billion owed to the US people to be given back. It sounds good, even though it is something which we have all kind of expected to happen sometime because of his previous films and the huge impact this global problem has had. I feel it is too early to bring out a documentary of the issue, as it is one which still haven't be resolved and is no way never the end of its run. Morre's Fahrenheit 9/11 film was so successful because he had left time between the event and the filming, time for things to be considered, questions to be formulated and reasonably answered by people. But with this film people are still anger with the issue as they are having to live thought it still everyday with no end in sight, and banks are still scared of going bust and people loosing there jobs. I feel Morre was right to make this film but he should have left it a few more years. I believe he will not have got many solid answers from this film, however I am still keen to watch it, even though, all that is in it by the time I watch it is properly out of date or already known and solved but I will go with an open mind to watch it in any case.
To watch the trailer go to -
http://www.youtube.com/watchv=IhydyxRjujU&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eguardian%2Eco%2Euk%2Ffilm%2Ffilmblog%2F2009%2Fsep%2F02%2Fmichael%2Dmoore%2Dcapitalism%2Ddocumentary&feature=player_embedded#t=118
No comments:
Post a Comment