Wednesday, 30 September 2009

Everland Hotel






I have been trying to find some sort of architecture all summer which inspires and intrigues me, and I feel I have finally found it. While watching 'Design for life' I saw that they visited the Everland Hotel, I was intrigued by this and wanted to learn more, so I visited its website. As soon as I went on the site I saw that this hotel moves around the world into different amazing locations giving the hotel user an incredible view out of the many windows. The hotel was made by the artist Gianni Jetzer for the exhibition concept 'everland' at the swiss national exhibition in the year 2002. The hotel was then taken on tour around the world, the room could be booked for one night only, the mini-bar was fully stocked and included in the price, breakfast was delivered to the door and a record collection stands at one's disposal. The hotel in all locations was open for public viewing in the day and then at night booked for the over night use. I think this is a original and amazing idea having this very modern looking building placed in very different stetting and areas of design to it, ie on the roof of the old Palais de tokyo in paris.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha this is brilliant! im not sure id like to be suspended that high! What will people think of next!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete